Here are 5 simple tips for handling fresh wedding bouquets:
- Leave bouquets in water (in the florist’s box) when you are not using them for photographs prior to the ceremony. Most flowers will last reliably for about 2 hours out of water before they start to wilt.
- An attendant should blot the stems with a towel before handing bouquet to the bride to avoid getting water drops on the wedding dress.
- Carry your bouquet down by your hips/belly button. If you carry it much higher you start to almost hide behind the flowers. This will also be the best angle for you bouquet to be photographed!
- Display the bridal and attendants’ bouquets on your head table or sweetheart table in addition to a centerpiece.
- Incorporate something old into your bouquet by pinning a broach to the ribbon. This is a great way to include your grandmother’s cameo or simply add a little sparkle.