Since I was on the topic of love & hate yesterday I thought I’d keep it up! There are so many ways to make your reception special and really do it right. Here are a few ideas…
- Wine, champagne or signature cocktails served on passed trays immediately following the ceremony to help avoid a long line at the bar.
- Appetizer stations in addition to passed hors d’oeuvres.
- Seated dinners for parties with more than 100 guests instead of a buffet.
- Dessert buffets or personalized trays at each table in addition to (or instead of) cake.
- Skipping the garter and bouquet-tosses. At least skipping the garter toss, please!
- Bridesmaids and groomsmen seated at a head table without their dates.
- Not enough cocktail tables to put your drink or your purse down for a minute!
- Tables that seat more than 10 guests–you can’t even talk to the people across from you.
- Cash bars. To maximize your budget stick with beer & wine only or invite fewer guests.
- Super late cake cuttings (like after 9:00 when you invited guests for a 4:00 ceremony)!